Friday

Now shall I walk or shall I ride?

"Ride," Pleasure said:

"Walk," Joy replied.

-W.H. Davies

Brothers and Sisters,
I am writing to announce my departure from this world. Yea, for the next five months I will categorically renounce the fine things of domestication and the warmth of women, and I will instead fall headlong into a love affair with the hills- particularly the ones between Georgia and Maine. With the weight of my world on my shoulders- and of that efficiently transfered to my hips- I will be raptured up to this heavenly place beginning Tuesday, April 8th, where I will remain steadfast and moveable until I arrive in Maine- via the Appalachian Trail- in August (provided that the Lord wills and tarries, to be sure).

Upon my heart you will surely find each of your names written- in all capitals- and that is why I write to tell you these things. [...]

In the spirit of T. Waits and R.W. Emerson, I believe that the tread of my (trail running) shoes wears directly into my soul, and that my largest debt should be to my cobbler/chain outfitter. So it is with this in mind, that I depart. I love you all like in a song.